As far as I’m concerned, the problem of bookmarking the web isn’t solved yet. I keep starring sites in Chrome, trying to put them in logical folders, although searching and browsing them later is a pain and I never do it. Pocket is great for saving articles to read later offline, but I also use it for double bookmarking entire sites that I find useful and it sucks. I just don’t think of searching there, when I need to find something specific.
I sometimes use Evernote and Pinterest for bookmarking while I’m researching a specific topic and it’s kind of OK. But I don’t have a place to simply store my favourite websites.
So I decided to start a simple list of resources that I’ve been using recently for design reference, research and learning. As this list grows, I’ll be thinking of a better way to present it.
UX and UI Patterns
- A curated collection of the finer details of design, updated every day.
- A running idea list for good user interfaces.
- А collection of specific designs and patterns of user interaction.
- A Pocket Guide to master every day’s typographic adventures.
- A practical guide to web typography.
- A comprehensive article on choosing the right type by Jessica Hische.
- An archive of typography, indexed by typeface, format, and industry.
- Patterns, resources and news for creating responsive web experiences.
- Starter’s Guide to iOS Design
- Articles on user experience, web design, and e-commerce.
iOS Design Patterns
- An archive of comparable user flows, searchable by tasks or apps.
- A kinetic pattern library that captures and preserves delightful iOS animations.
- A curated library of iPhone and iPad user interface patterns.
- Mobile Apps Design Patterns.
- Categorised and searchable mobile design patterns library.
- The best new & interesting interaction design, curated by Animade.
- A collection of inspirational websites using media queries and responsive web design.
- Browse examples of good websites by topic.
- A constantly growing searchable collection of icons and symbols.